Jerrilyn Hyh

Verified Reviewer

Not getting paid for hours worked

Updated by user Jan 31, 2023

Still nothing

Original review Jan 31, 2023
Im at my wits end and dont know who to contact. I did not get paid last week for the hours Ive worked. I submitted a ticket and I feel Im just getting the run around because today makes a week and I still have no update or resolution. I feel a situation such as this should be treated as an priority due to it affects my livelihood, but I dont feel its being handled as so, the chat specialist are just steady submitting tickets that are not even being addressed when I know they can look in system in 5 minutes and see all the hours Ive worked and did not get paid a penny for still.
Loss:

Preferred solution: my pay

Resolved
Sheila G Muo

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Unable to Contact

Updated by user Nov 04, 2022

It's complicated but I'd say I got 65% of what I wanted and gained an understanding why I would not get the rest. I'm back on board with the company and I have to say the response I got- or the fact that I got they type of response I got, a phone call,- was a pleasant surprise. I think this company still has a way to go in several departments but personally I see the efforts being made.

Original review Oct 05, 2022
In short I contracted with Arise for years, my contract was for some reason canceled and I'd like to know why. Also, though I am 100% sure I will get paid what I am owed I am concerned about the paperwork contractors can typically download near or on payday. With no access to the site, I was hoping to speak to someone who would tell me if they will email those documents to me.
Pros:
  • Pretty good money
  • Direct deposits you can count on
Cons:
  • Culture of fear and secrecy
  • Low pay
  • Noncommunicative to the point of being cagey

Preferred solution: I simply want to speak to a human about why my Master Contract was canceled, if they intend to email me my Invoice and PUF invoice for my last two direct deposits and if and when I could reapply.

User's recommendation: While working for this company, keep notes of what is said and keep every email sent to you by them. Also, be prepared to be cut off without warning and have a plan in place if that happens.

map-marker Fort Lauderdale, Florida

No Customer Support

They have submission page for question. But it ask for an work email. It will not accept yahoo or Gmail. I actually put my work email for it to go through. I am trying to register as a Sole proprietor. I keep reading I have an account and it will not go any further. I need IT. I need to talk to someone.
Christopher M Jxl

Really? Pay for employment!

I went through the whole screening process, only to find out at the end, they want you to be a private contractor (ie, start a business in your own name and incur any fees pertaining) After I declined and was asked to be removed from email/call list, I am still receiving both asking me to finish submitting a payment. Get real, there are people looking for work today and to advertise a job with a price tag is rediculous. *** poor and absolutely no customer service, which is what they advertise. By the way, if you do go through with it, your newly started company is on the hook for lost revenue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Stay away

Guest

Also, they have somehow managed to maintain an A+ rating with the BBB despite their negative reviews and 108 complaints.

Guest

Yep! Never pay for a job. They are suppose to pay you.

View more comments (1)

Unemployment Expert Tips

Experts Tips on Unemployment and Cyber Security

Feb 3, 2020

Can’t verify your identity via ID.me? Andrew Stettner, an unemployment expert, comments on how the ID.me verification process works and the privacy risks involved. Learn how one consumer resolved his issue.

Andrew Stettner
Andrew Stettner

Andrew Stettner is a senior fellow at TheCenturyFoundation and a non-profit leader who shares expert opinion on unemployment benefits and insurance reform.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article